Join Percona’s Chief Evangelist, Colin Charles as he presents Securing your MySQL/MariaDB data on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 7:00 am PDT / 10:00 am EDT (UTC-7).This presentation will discuss the features of MySQL/MariaDB that when enabled and used improve the default usage of MySQL.
Many cloud-based applications fail to
- Using appropriate filesystem permissions
- Using TLS/SSL for connections
- Using TLS/SSL with MySQL replication
- Using external authentication plugins (LDAP, PAM, Kerberos)
- Encrypting all your data at rest
- Monitoring your database with the audit plugin
- Reviewing and rejecting SQL injections
- Designing application access using traditional firewall technology
- Other MySQL/MariaDB security features
We will end the presentation with some simple steps to hack a MySQL installation.